Tuesday 29 January 2013

High Speed Two Statement

HIGH SPEED 2 STATEMENT – Fiona Bruce MP

‘I am relieved that my strong fight on behalf of my constituents to ensure that the line of the route did not impact on any part of the Congleton Constituency has been successful and know it will be a great relief to very many of the residents I represent.

My constituents have endured 18 months of uncertainty with rumours circulating that the line would go right through strong and stable communities in the heart of the Congleton Constituency and affect prime agricultural land. The uncertainty has caused problems for homeowners and farmers in the Congleton Constituency which as a result of today’s announcement will now hopefully end.

I shall continue to press the Government for assistance in respect of very important local transport projects such as the reopening of the Middlewich Rail Link for passenger services.

The Government has now commenced a 3 month consultation on its proposals to take High Speed 2 from Birmingham to Manchester and this will end on the 29th April 2013.

More information can be found online at www.hs2.org.uk